Natural Remedies to Stop Dry Cough at Night

Coughing is more than just an annoyance. Coughing can cause severe pain to the throat and affect your ability to deliver a talk. Nighttime coughing can be a nuisance for individuals suffering from a cold or illness. It may interfere with sleep, and daily functioning of the affected person. Dry cough usually worsens at night.

Dry cough can be present in people with various respiratory conditions, such as asthma, bronchitis, COPD, cystic fibrosis and many others. In most people, the problem gets worse at night due to additional CO2 losses.

Natural Remedies to Stop Dry Cough at Night

Remedies to stop dry cough:
  • Keep your head elevated while sleeping. Use more pillows than usual.
  • Add some lemon slices into a cup of tea along with one or two tbsp of honey. This can reduce your cough at night.
  • Pour some hot water in a large vessel and cover your head with a towel. This creates a steamy environment inside and by inhaling steam helps moisturize throat and reduce irritation.
  • Learn how to cough only through the nose (i.e., with your mouth closed all the time). It will help you to reduce irritation of airways and bronchospasm, and will increase oxygen levels in body cells and the brain.
  • Add two tbsp of honey into a glass of warm milk and drink it just before bedtime. This is a great way to stop coughing at night.
  • Apply vapor rub on chest which can help relieve nighttime coughing. It still works great on your kids as well.
  • Every night before going to bed, put a small piece of freshly cut ginger and chew it slowly and swallow the juice.
  • Mix 1 tbsp of table salt in a glass of warm water and gargle. Don’t swallow the water though. You can do this multiple times a day or whenever your throat becomes irritated by coughing. 

7 comments:

FIN said...

Thanks for the info! Thanks for the info! I made here a list of home remedy for cough and colds. its effective and give it a try. let me know if it works for you! here are my lists: CLICK HERE FOR MY LIST

HR said...

Very informative, thanks for tips on dry cough, it is very helpful.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing about Natural Remedies to Stop Dry Cough at Night..........

desi health tips

Fiazn said...

such a nice collection...
http://ogmc.in/

Ivanna Santino said...

 I'm 59 years old and female. I was diagnosed a couple of years ago with COPD and I was beyond scared! My lung function test indicated 49% capacity. After having had flu a year ago, the shortness of breath, coughing and chest pains continued even after being treated with antibiotics. I've been smoking two packs a day for 36 years. Being born without a sternum caused my ribs to be curled in just one inch away from my spine, resulting to underdeveloped lungs. At age 34 I had surgery and it was fixed. Unfortunately my smoking just caused more damage to my already under developed lungs. The problem was having is that I enjoy smoking and don't want to give up! Have tried twice before and nearly went crazy and don't want to go through that again. I saw the fear in my husband and children's eyes when I told them about my condition then they start to find solution on their own to help my condition.I am an 59 now who was diagnose COPD emphysema which I know was from my years of smoking. I started smoking in school when smoking was socially acceptable. I remember when smoking was permitted in hospitals. It was not known then how dangerous cigarettes were for us, and it seemed everybody smoked but i was able to get rid of my COPD lung condition through the help of total cure herbal foundation my husband bought, totalcureherbsfoundation .c om has the right herbal formula to help you get rid and repair any lung conditions and cure you totally with their natural organic herbs,it class products at affordable prices because how awful it is with this lung dictions . I wish anybody who starts smoking at a young age would realize what will eventually happen to their bodies if they continue that vile habit throughout their life, certainly total cure herbs is the formula to get over Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.

Mary judith said...

What a great miracle I have ever seen, my breast cancer stage 4 has just been cured after using a herbal detox from herbalist morata. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2018. It has really been a problem for me and my family. I have been to many hospitals and spent 10,000 dollars all to know avail. On my research on the internet I came across a testimony of a lady called Monica Harris, she was testifying about Dr Morata healing medicine curing her cancer the email and WhatsApp contact of the doctor was also there.
I made contact with him by mail, and we had a little conversation. He asked for a few of my details which I sent to him, i made an order from him to cure my breast cancer as well. three days of making order , i receive the medication from FedEx, i was very happy because i believe i will be cured with this herbal medicine sent from dr morata, i used the medicine the same way dr morata instructed. Few weeks later of using the medicine my cancer was gone, i was surprise and even went to my dr for proper checkup which was confirm negative. you can also contact him on behalf of your illness that hospitals couldn't cure dr morata can help. contact him herbalistmorata@gmail.com WhatsApp +2349028574982 or mail me for more information maryjudith709@gmail.com

Unknown said...

MY HIV HEALING TESTIMONY

My mouth is short of words, i am so happy because Dr voodoo has healed me
from HIV which i have been suffering from the past 5years now, i have
spend a lot when getting drugs from the hospital to keep me healthy, i have
tried all means in life to always i can become HIV negative one day, but
there was no answer until i found Dr voodoo the parish of African who
provide me some healing herbs that i uses , now i am glad telling everyone
that i am now HIV Negative, i am very happy, thank you Dr voodoo for
helping my life comes back newly without any form of crisis, may the good
lord that i serve blessed you Dr voodoo and equip you to the higher grade
for healing my life. i am so amazed. so i will announced to everyone in
this whole world that is HIV positive to please follow my advice and get
healed on time, because we all knows that HIV disease is a deadly
type,contact Dr voodoo for your HIV healing herbs today at:
voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com He will be always happy to assist you
online and ensure you get healed on time, contact Dr voodoo today for
your healing hearbs immediately, you can also
add him on whatsApp +2348140120719 thank you sir.

Post a Comment